In Pesach it is impossible to make pasta, any bakery product, porridge, beans, vegetable oils, except olives, coconut. Eggs, meat, fish and dairy are possible
What to prepare for Easter – recipes / Photo: instagram.com/glavnyiulpan
Pessax 2022 will start on the evening of April 15 and will last until Saturday, April 23.
This is one of the main Jewish festivals, which has a number of gastronomic traditions. After the prayer, the meal begins.
The Easter Seder consists of:
- wine, at least four glasses each;
- baked meat to the bone;
- boiled eggs;
- bitter greens;
- dessert of grated apples, nuts, cinnamon and wine;
- boiled potatoes or carrots;
As for the vegetables, they are eaten as follows: soaked in salted water.
Below you will also find a recipe for eshkene soup, whose recipe was found at dalena_1998. Beef is used. It is very important that the meat is in the bone.
For dessert – haroset, the only Pessax dessert. It consists of apples, nuts with the addition of red wine for dessert.
Apples can be grated, or baked and then mashed.
The main attribute is the matzah. It may be the basis of another deal.
For example, for cakes. The matzo cakes on the mazaltov_club page offer to make them with potato filling.
How to make a matzo
Maci’s recipe / Photo: instagram.com/psycholog.na.kuchne
Take 250 grams of sifted flour. Add 100 milliliters of water, knead a thick dough.
Now you need to divide it into parts and stretch it so that the dough fits in the pan. Then prick each piece with a fork and fry them in a dry pan.
And now matzo can be used in other dishes. For example, as a dough for cakes.
Matzo cakes with potato filling
Matzo cakes with potato filling / Photo: instagram.com/mazaltov_club
- mashed potatoes (5 potatoes);
- onion – 1 piece;
- eggs – 2-3 pieces;
- salt pepper.
How to cook:
- Boil the potatoes, make a puree. Fry the finely chopped onion. Add the onion, dill, salt and pepper to the puree.
- Break the matzo into 2 parts. Soak in warm water for 30 seconds.
- Place the filling on one side and cover with the other half.
- Beat eggs and salt in a separate bowl.
- Soak the potato pie in beaten eggs. Fry in a pan on both sides until golden.
Eshkene / Photo: instagram.com/dalena_1998
Ingredients for 8 liters of heshkene:
- veal with bones – 2 kg;
- potatoes, onions – 7 pieces;
- eggs – 5 pieces;
- coriander, dill;
- salt and black pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
- Boil the meat, strain the broth. Finely chop the onion, chop the large potatoes.
- First add the onions to the prepared meat broth and potatoes in 20 minutes.
- Chop the vegetables and beat the eggs separately.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the pan. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the finely chopped vegetables and remove from the heat. Put pieces of matzah on each plate.
Haroset / Photo: instagram.com/yu.re.ya
Ingredients per serving:
- 1 large apple;
- 100 g of us;
- 1 teaspoon. sugar;
- 0.5 teaspoons. of ground cinnamon;
- 2 st. l. dessert wine.
How to cook:
- Bake the apple until soft. Dry and chop the nuts.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well until smooth.