Baking time begins when the coffee comes in contact with water. On average, one hundred milliliters of coffee are brewed in three minutes
Coffee in a pot / Photo: Moldy Vintages / pexels.com
Yes, coffee can be made without Turkish, but the most delicious drink can be drunk just when prepared in a Turkish, a cezve. And she it must be made of copper.
Because? The copper heats up quickly and gives off heat just as quickly, allowing the coffee to not overcook.
If you make coffee in a Turkish with sugar, adding it to coffee powder, the foam will be more stable. The salt on the tip of a knife will give softness.
All the tricks and recommendations of the professional barista Marina Garbuz.
What is important to know before making coffee in a cezve
Use clean water at room temperature / Photo: instagram.com/evgeniia.zueva
Coffee and grind. It must be fried especially for Turkish cooking. Shelf life after frying – no more than a month. Ideal if you are Arabian.
Grind the beans almost to powder, do so before making a drink.
Water. Raw cheese should be taken, purified from impurities or bottled at room temperature.
Process. Do nothing during cooking time. Do not change the fire. No need to remove the cezve, put it back on and stir constantly.
Only if a piece of unmixed coffee appears during baking, stir it.
When the cezve has risen, remove from the heat and pour into a warm cup, then leave for 2 minutes and enjoy the drink.
The only thing in no case can it be done during cooking: boil the coffee. When boiled, harmful substances are formed and all taste qualities are lost.
There are recipes for coffee with halva, how to make it – learn here.
How to make Turkish coffee with foam
Coffee with nutmeg / Photo: Pixabay
- ground coffee – 1.5–2 teaspoons. with a slide;
- pure water at room temperature – 100 ml;
- sugar – 1 teaspoon. (optional);
- well ground non-iodized table salt – on the tip of a knife.
How to cook:
- Preheat the turkey by rinsing with hot water. Pour the ground coffee into the bottom, add sugar and salt.
- Pour a small amount of water (20-25 ml) into the dry mixture and stir vigorously with a spoon several times. Add the rest of the water.
- Put the turkey on the lowest heat. As soon as the foam starts to rise, remove the turkey from the stove.
- Infuse for two to three minutes, then pour the coffee carefully into heated cups.
You can make a “Gibraltar” coffee drink. Learn how to do it in this article.
What spices can be added to coffee
Add cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and cloves to the coffee / Photo: depositphotos.com
Enhance and emphasize the aroma of coffee cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and cloves still – berry syrups, honey.
Spices are added to dry ingredients during cooking. honey and berry syrups are pre-dissolved in water .
How to properly store coffee beans: Read here.