If you don’t always have enough time to play with yeast dough, you should pay attention to a quick and easy recipe for Easter. TSN.ua explains how to make an unleavened Easter cake.
If you want to entertain your family with a delicious homemade Easter cake, but you don’t have time to prepare the yeast dough, this simple and quick recipe will help you.
How to make a yeast-free cake: ingredients
The following ingredients are required for four paschki, which are prepared in a shape with a diameter of 9 cm and a height of 10 cm:
- 300 g of cottage cheese;
- 250 g butter or margarine;
- 4 eggs;
- 250 g of sugar;
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar (16 g);
- 550 g of flour;
- 1 teaspoon soda;
- 1 teaspoon vinegar;
- 200 g raisins (optional);
- 1 tablespoon lemon or orange peel.
You also need to prepare a delicious icing to decorate the cake. Requires the following ingredients:
- 100 g of chocolate;
- 30 g butter;
- 2 tablespoons milk.
Step-by-step preparation of unleavened Easter cake
- Leave the butter at room temperature. When tender, add sugar and vanilla sugar. Beat with a blender.
- Add the eggs (one at a time), continuing to beat the mixture.
- Mash the cottage cheese with a fork and add to the mixture. Continue beating with a blender.
- In a separate bowl, turn off the soda with vinegar. Then add to the resulting dough. Beat with a blender.
- Add the grated orange or lemon zest, steamed raisins (optional). Stir well.
- Add flour and knead the dough. It should not be too thick, but also viscous and sticky.
- Put the dough into paper shapes so that they are 2/3 full. To prepare the yeast-free cake, it is best to take small forms, as a large amount of dough can be badly baked.
- Dampen a tablespoon with water and level the top of the strip. Put in the oven and bake for about 50 minutes at 180 degrees. The preparation should be checked with a wooden skewer.
- While the cake is baking, you need to prepare the icing. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, mix with the butter and milk.
- Pour over already made chocolate Easter cakes. You can decorate with pastry powder if you want.
With a minimum of effort and time, every housewife can prepare delicious Easter cakes for Easter.