Samsa is from Uzbekistan, where she is proud and rich. It is prepared with different fillings, decorated with poppy seeds or sesame seeds before baking.
How to cook samsa / Photo: instagram.com/__mukasheva_g
We shared the recipe for another puff pastry, Maltese pastiche. Samsa is also a leaf, one of the oldest known today and of its own species.
Too for them it is almost the same as for the balls. Not more very finely developed and well greased with butter.
Before modeling, the dough is sent to the freezer for 25 minutes. Samsa must be sculpted in parts so that the dough does not have time to melt.
This is due to the layered and crunchy texture of the cakes. It is highly recommended to control the temperature during cooking in the Food for All Tastes channel.
If it is below two hundred degrees, samsa will not cook, and if it is overcooked in the oven, samsa will be dry.
Try chopping the potatoes and onions for the filling, using chopped chicken for this recipe.
Samsa with potatoes and minced meat
Samsa with chicken and minced meat / Photo: instagram.com/__mukasheva_g
Ingredients for 15 pieces:
- flour – 500 g;
- water – 300 ml;
- salt – 1 tsp;
- butter – 150 g;
- minced meat – 400 g;
- potatoes – 300 g;
- onion – 200 g;
- salt pepper;
- milk – 1 tbsp. l;
Learn how to make one-bit book cakes right here.
- Dilute the salt in warm water. Knead the dough so that it does not stick to your hands. Cover and leave for 7-10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 3-4 parts. Unload each piece into a ball and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Roll each ball to a thickness of 2-3 millimeters. Grease each sheet generously with butter, stacking them on top of each other. The top layer does not need to be lubricated.
- Flatten the dough and roll it into a dense roll. The dough should be cooled for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut the dough into portions and remove for 20-30 minutes.
- Finely chop the onions and potatoes, add salt and pepper, mix. Add the minced meat, stir again.
- Remove the dough from the freezer in portions so that it does not have time to melt. Roll it up well, roll out the filling and form a triangle-shaped samsa, shaking the seams.
- Place on a baking tray and spread with egg yolk and milk. Sprinkle with poppy seeds on top. Preheat oven to 200 degrees and bake for 30-35 minutes.
You can see in more detail how samsa is formed in the video.
Kobete is a Crimean Tatar cake that has long been given to soldiers. Here is his recipe.