Most housewives prepare semolina on milk, but can also be made with water. The recipe for this dish is quite simple, but there are some tricks that will help prevent common mistakes. theLime has understood this issue and is ready to tell you the secrets of cooking a delicious semolina without lumps.
It depends on whether the flour is liquid or thick. To obtain a medium density, add 6 tablespoons of semolina per 1 liter of milk. If you want porridge to have a liquid consistency, you need to eat less cereal, respectively.
Semolina porridge with milk
Ingredients: milk – 200 ml, semolina – 1 tbsp with a slide, salt – a pinch, sugar – to taste, butter – to taste.
Preparation: it is advisable to use a pan with a thick bottom and rinse it with cold water. Then pour in the milk and bring to a boil. Add salt and sugar to taste in milk. Gradually add the semolina. It is important not to stop stirring the porridge – this will help prevent lumps. Cook the porridge for about 5 minutes until the cereal swells, stirring constantly. Add the butter to the finished dish and mix well.
Semolina porridge with milk and water
Ingredients: milk – 350 ml, water – 150 ml, semolina – 3 tbsp, sugar – 1 tbsp. l, salt – a pinch, butter – to taste.
Preparation: pour the milk and water into a saucepan, bring to a boil. Stir the mixture into a circle so that the funnel comes out. Continue stirring, adding the semolina slowly. Add salt and sugar. Continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly. Add butter to the finished porridge. If you want, you can add a little cinnamon or vanilla.
How to avoid common mistakes in the cooking process?
- It is recommended to add semolina to the milk after it has boiled. You need to fill the steps slowly, stirring constantly.
- Before cooking, it is recommended to pour a tablespoon of water into an empty pan and distribute it evenly over the bottom, so that the milk does not burn during cooking.
- You can’t allow milk to “escape”; therefore, you must constantly monitor the boiling process. As soon as it starts to boil, immediately reduce the heat.
- The semolina should be stirred constantly without stopping. Not only when filling cereals with milk, but also when cooking. Otherwise, you will get semolina with lumps.
- Cook the semolina, stirring constantly, for no more than 5 minutes. Then turn off the heat and cover the pan with a lid. In this way we let the lack infuse until it is completely inflated.
The most interesting stories and news of the day now in Telegram! Subscribe to the channel the Lime and learn about them faster.