We offer to prepare for Valentine’s Day not a cake or a traditional pastry, but an appetizing Basque cheesecake with a delicate texture.
What to cook for Valentine’s Day? How do you make this holiday unforgettable so that the other half can remember your culinary talents for a long time? Of course, you can make a traditional cake for Valentine’s Day, cupcakes, gingerbread. But we offer you to stop your popular, appetizing and tender online choice Basque cheesecake.
What is Basque cheesecake?
If you want to make a creative culinary gift for Valentine ‘s Day, leave your choice at Basque cheesecake. These desserts are very popular right now, and for good reason. Basque cheesecake, or San Sebastian cheesecake, is a traditional dessert from the Basque region of Spain. It is prepared from cream cheese: baked, then left to stabilize for a while. Another name for this dessert is burnt cheesecake due to the characteristic brown crust that appears during baking.
ALSO READ: A simple recipe for chocolate cheesecake by Ruslan Senichkin
These desserts were first prepared in the 1990s by chef Santiago Rivera from the city of San Sebastián, hence his middle name. His goal was to improve the recipe for the traditional American cheesecake: he wanted to leave the sand base and soften the structure of the cake. So it was proposed to bake a traditional cheese cake at high temperature for a short period of time.
Basque Cheesecake Recipe (San Sebastian Cheesecake)
Therefore, you will need the following to cook ingredients:
- Eggs – 5 pieces.
- Cream cheese – 650 g
- Cream – 450 g.
- Sugar – 150 g.
- vanilla extract – 1 tbsp.
- corn starch – 30 g.
- Lemon juice.
Making Basque cheesecake
- In a deep bowl, combine the cheese and starch and beat the resulting dough.
- Add 1 egg, cream, sugar. Stir well.
- To the resulting mixture add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven 240-260regime by convention.
- Place the parchment on a baking tray so that the paper is 5-6 cm above the sides.
- Pour the mixture into an oven tray, place in the oven and bake 27-29 minutes. The top of the dessert will be brown, sometimes black, this is normal.
- Remove the dessert from the oven and let it act 4-5 hours at room temperature. At this point, the dessert can’t be touched, because inside it’s still rare.
- After that, you should send the cheesecake in the fridge 1-2 years. In the future, it should also be stored in the refrigerator.
The Basque cheesecake will be a good tasty addition to a romantic evening with a loved one and a great answer to the question: what to cook for Valentine’s Day? Also watch the video about these holidays:
News on the subject